BOOKED-OUT! Foundations of Directorship: Governance for Directors
RRR Women proudly offers the Foundations of Directorship: Governance for Directors Course in collaboration with the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD).
The AICD provides world-class governance education to build the capability of organisations, directors and executives and has developed its courses over many years. This course is delivered by AICD.
The course objectives are designed to support and develop skills and capabilities through governance training for their community members in association with RRR (Rural, Regional, Remote).
This program will be conducted face-to-face over 1 day, with further time needed for completing the pre-coursework.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the role and key functions of the board and its directors.
- Explain the purpose and essential features of corporate governance.
- Discuss the key duties, responsibilities and rights of directors
- Illustrate the consequences of breaching directors’ duties and responsibilities.
- Consider the relevant regulatory frameworks applicable to boards and directors.
- Consider a board’s composition, structure and performance.
- Identify relevant board meeting protocols and procedures (including the use of committees).
- Recognise the value of director evaluation and ongoing professional development.
- Explain how to make an informed decision when considering joining a board..
Registration: FREE This program is valued at $1700.00 per participant
Venue: Cairns RSL – 119 Esplanade, Cairns QLD 4870
Conditions of registration
- You must be associated with RRR Community in Queensland
- All invited to register
- Travel & accommodation expenses are at participants’ cost
- Your registration details will be provided to AICD for the purpose of communicating about the event and pre & post coursework and feedback.
Participant COVID-19 acknowledgement
The AICD takes the health and safety of our course participants and staff very seriously, we continue to monitor state and territory health guidance as well as the wider risk environment, in relation to COVID19. Please visit AICD’s COVID-19 information page for additional information pertaining to our guidelines. We encourage the use of hand sanitiser and masks, AICD will have these available should you require them. If you develop COVID-19 symptoms, test positive for COVID-19, or if you have any other concerns, please contact the organiser.