BOOKED-OUT! NFP Foundations of Governance – Dalby
RRR Women proudly offers the Not-for-Profit Governance Education Course in collaboration with the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD).
The AICD provides world-class governance education to build the capability of organisations, directors and executives and has developed its courses over many years. This course is delivered by AICD.
The course objectives are designed to support and develop skills and capabilities through governance training for their community members in association with RRR (Rural, Regional, Remote).
This program will be conducted face-to-face over 1.5 days, with further time needed for completing the pre-coursework.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Examine the duties and responsibilities of directors in NFP organisations
- Outline the role of the regulatory authorities in the NFP sector.
- Understand the role of directors in NFP organisations
- Explain the role of the board in developing strategy
- Establish the link between strategy and risk management, risk culture and effective leadership
- Explain the major elements of the financial statements and the linkages between the financial statements.
- Identify a director’s duties with regard to an organisation’s financial statements and financial reports.
- Discuss the board’s role in improving financial performance.
Venue: BMO, 178 Drayton Street, Dalby QLD 4405
Conditions of registration
- You must be associated with RRR Community in Queensland
- All invited to register
- Travel & accommodation expenses are at participants’ cost
- Your registration details will be provided to AICD for the purpose of communicating about the event and pre & post coursework and feedback.
Participant COVID-19 acknowledgement
The AICD takes the health and safety of our course participants and staff very seriously, we continue to monitor state and territory health guidance as well as the wider risk environment, in relation to COVID19. Please visit AICD’s COVID-19 information page for additional information pertaining to our guidelines. We encourage the use of hand sanitiser and masks, AICD will have these available should you require them. If you develop COVID-19 symptoms, test positive for COVID-19, or if you have any other concerns, please contact the organiser.